11 Things To Look For When Choosing An Online Ticketing Platform
Posted in Spotlights on April 5, 2019
There are a lot of different options when it comes to online ticketing. Choosing the right provider can be difficult. It's important when comparing options to find out what's really included. Some providers will offer what looks like a low rate, but are withholding some of the most basic features and tools you need. This either restricts you or immediately pushes the price up (after you have signed up of course).
Here’s a guide that will help you ask the right questions to get the online ticketing you need.
- Customer support included! Some providers charge a premium for customer support. If you’re new to online ticketing you want to have a real person you can call to get help right away.
- Price transparency and get started without credit card details. It’s not a good sign if it takes more than a couple of minutes to understand the total cost for the features you need. You also want to be able to create an account and try the platform, to ensure it works for you before spending money.
- It’s quick and easy to create your own event page. You want it to be user friendly to create a great looking branded event page with tickets and social share options.
- No account needed for ticket buyers. You don’t want ticket buyers to have to create an account before buying tickets. Adding extra steps loses sales.
- Unlimited ticket types. Don’t pay more to have different ticket types (child, student, adult, or early bird sales and complimentary tickets etc). Some providers restrict this to one ticket type and charge a premium for more. Most events are going to need more than one ticket type. It helps you sell more tickets.
- Flexible payout options. Many providers make you wait until after your event to get paid. You should be able to access your funds early to cover event costs. (FYI Ticketbud offers daily, weekly or monthly payouts).
- Mobile optimized. Most consumers research events on mobile devices. Ensure event pages and checkouts are mobile optimized to help you sell more tickets.
- Promotional features. You’ll want tools to help you sell tickets and measure promotional efforts. Things like social share buttons, facebook pixel integration, custom link tracking, website widgets, options for incentivized pricing, referral and promotional codes. (If any of these are unfamiliar, you will want a provider with customer support).
- Inbuilt communication tools. An engagement centre to send targeted invites, communicate and build relationships with attendees, and manage attendee lists for follow up (including post event surveys).
- Free mobile check-in app. Scanning tickets at the door quickly and easily from any mobile device.
- Ensure you own your data and all reporting is included. Make sure you get complete access to comprehensive reporting and all your attendee data without paying more for it.
What do you get with Ticketbud?
Everything on the list above!
Our customer support is worth mentioning again. Ticketbud's customer support is what sets us apart. We are there every step of the way. Our customers have unrestricted access to real help, real people and real answers.
Ticketbud is a user friendly, all-in-one event management and ticketing platform with all-inclusive pricing and customer support. Organizers are in control with flexible payout options providing early access to funds, and access to powerful tools and integrations. Ticketbud also offers the flexibility to customize, including white-label solutions.
Ticketbud helps you create an amazing event landing page and set up unlimited ticket types. We equip you with tools to help enhance promotions for your event. We have an inbuilt communication centre where you can send invites, communicate with attendees and gain feedback with post event surveys. We’re also there for the event day logistics, providing a free app for quickly scanning tickets, manual check-in options and guest lists, as well as rentable devices and mobile point of sale for on the door sales. We offer robust reporting features which are easy to use and interpret, giving you highly valuable insights. Learn what drove the most sales for your event and have complete access to your attendee lists and data.
We would love to show you more. Request a demo of the Ticketbud platform today!